OWA not appears message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

rbermas -> OWA not appears message (19.Nov.2001 12:44:00 PM)

Hi guys,

I'm using E2K w/ SP2, from our internal network I could send/receive msg from OWA and it displays all my inbox messages from OWA. I got this problem, when I access my URL http://212.118.xx.xx/exchange/user1 from the net. I can reach my E2K and displayed OWA. After the "loading" message appears, it shows nothing appears on my mailbox. It doesn't give any error or warning msg. Loading was successful.

I try to figure out this problem, I check all the ports and skip the firewall connect it directly to the internet. But still it gives the same problem... Mailbox from net is empty. But if I accessed my mailbox locally from any internal machine it shows all the messages.

Can anyone help me on this problem?

Thanks in advance for help.

krof -> RE: OWA not appears message (19.Dec.2001 2:08:00 PM)

Hi,
I have the same problem after the exchange server has been infected by NIMDA virus.
After that I install SP2 but nothing is change.

Any idea????????

Hormazd -> RE: OWA not appears message (26.Dec.2001 9:10:00 PM)

In your efforts to kill Nimda did you guys put in the URLscan tool. This prevents active pages from being displayed and hence will stop the messages loading, which is the active part of the page. uninstall it and your owa will work.null

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: Hormazd ]

moomee -> RE: OWA not appears message (9.Jan.2002 8:59:00 PM)

I am having this very same problem. OWA mailbox hangs on loading. If anyone has found a solution please post or email.

moomee

Guest -> RE: OWA not appears message (12.Jan.2002 2:28:00 AM)

I'm another with the same problem. I've read some things about proxy servers and webdav (Q296232), but I haven't had any luck solving the problem. There must be some smart person out there that can help. Please.

Guest -> RE: OWA not appears message (12.Jan.2002 4:10:00 AM)

Follow up to my last post - Interestingly, I CAN log in and see everything in OWA with my little IPAQ. May be that IE 5+ is the problem.

krof -> RE: OWA not appears message (22.Jan.2002 2:04:00 PM)

It's realy urlscan tool!
Uninstall urlscan tool and your OWA wil work fine.

Guest -> RE: OWA not appears message (23.Jan.2002 5:43:00 PM)

You guys take a look at the IE 5.5 and later. It is the problem. If you have another available station, try it with the default IE 5.01, it will work.
I'm still waiting response from an official professional see what's wrong with IE5.5 and later.
Good luck.

Guest -> RE: OWA not appears message (28.Jan.2002 10:40:00 PM)

I believe Homazd had the correct answer back in December. I'm using IE 6.0 and have no problems, so if you installed URLScan to fight or fix Nimda then that is your problem.

-Jason

koggen -> RE: OWA not appears message (30.Jan.2002 2:47:00 PM)

Hi!

A late follow-up but I believe some might be helped. I just resolved such an issue with a user. He was running NT4 SP6 and IE 5.5 (5.50.4134.0600 - unsure which service pack that means, it's not sp2 anyway). I had no trouble to access his mailbox with his user credentials from my workstation (I'm running W2K SP2 and IE5.5 SP2), but whenever he tried on his it didn't work.

The solution: the user was using a workstation outside our organization so there was no possibility to update IE to SP2. BUT, we had only Basic Authentication activated (we use a SSL certificate to encrypt passwords instead) and by also activating Integrated Windows authentication everything started to work fine again! So it looks like IE 5.5 versions other than SP2 are causing the trouble (since other postings here indicate that IE5.01 and IE6 work fine). I haven't had the time to verify other browsers so other progress reports are welcome!

// Johan

Page: [1]