• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2nd Public Folder Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> 2nd Public Folder Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2nd Public Folder Problem - 20.Dec.2001 7:12:00 PM   
alanlee

Hi Again,
This is another problem I have been having with Public Folders.
I haven't done any configurating for the Public Folders and the users have been adding folders to the Public Folder list. However, after doing this the administrator is unable to gain access to these folders. Maybe these users have removed the access as they are owners. Problem is, it seems that they have also removed their own owner status and therefore I seem to have no means of administrating these folders! I am unable to access my public folders via Exchange System Manager per earlier email. Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try?
I have tried doing this also in the M drive of the server, unfortunately, those folders which don't allow me access, I can't do anything with them!
Post #: 1
RE: 2nd Public Folder Problem - 20.Dec.2001 10:48:00 PM   
Dennis h

hi

have you tried to delegate the domain administrator, full exchange rights in the exchange system manager, be careful when you play with rights on the exchange server
it could make some rather big problems for you

regards Dennis

(in reply to alanlee)
Post #: 2
RE: 2nd Public Folder Problem - 21.Dec.2001 1:12:00 PM   
alanlee

Hello there,
Unfortunately, users must have removed ownership of files to only themselves, excluding the administrator meaning I am unable to do anything unless I, in theory, log in as them. Prob is, when I log in as them to restore the rights, I am no longer able to remove or change files as they themselves have removed their owner status! Arrrgh! Any ideas would be most appreciated!

(in reply to alanlee)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> 2nd Public Folder Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter