• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

General Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> General Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General Question - 14.Apr.2002 12:04:00 AM   
Zohayr

I am having a mail server with Exchange. Now every user got thier own email@servername.local.

1.But now i want to set up the server in such way that it uses a domain name such as MyCompany.com instead of servername.local.

2.The company which i got the domain name from, gave me 5 mail accounts and they said that they do not have a servies in such way that all the mail in that domain comes to our server. But they can redirect one of the accounts to our server and then we have to sort the mail so see which mail goes to who. How can i do this "[Confused]" ????

TNX 4 any help "[Smile]"
Post #: 1
RE: General Question - 15.Apr.2002 12:59:00 AM   
aedes

If the mail account which your vendor has provided U is a pop account, I believe u need a programme such as "popcon". U can search for this under google and should be able to locate the website for it.

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 2
RE: General Question - 16.Apr.2002 10:44:00 AM   
Zohayr

Yes aedes, it is a pop account. But now my question is that what does the programm do after it sorted the mail, does it just place it in the right mail box?
And the address, what would it be, the mail that the vendor gave me is mail1@mydomain.com, so if there is a mail account for lets say jack on my server and i want to send a mail do i have to send it to mail1@mydomain.com or jack@mydomain.com???
TNX 4 the feedback [Wink]

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 3
RE: General Question - 17.Apr.2002 2:39:00 PM   
Zohayr

Is any one gonna help me out???

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 4
RE: General Question - 17.Apr.2002 3:05:00 PM   
Bogart101

where did you get your domain name? is it fron your ISP or on some commercial website?

after you configure your client from ADC, exchange server will automatically redirects every email to your clients.

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 5
RE: General Question - 18.Apr.2002 12:26:00 AM   
Zohayr

I checked out http://www.tomacero.com/retrievermore.htm, but i still dont understand how this works.
like when some one (outside of LAN) wants to send a mail to a user (lets say Jack), does he send it to jack@mydomain.com or to the account that that is added to the prgramm such as "Email Retriever",
and who does the programm decides which mails goes to whom?? [Confused]

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 6
RE: General Question - 18.Apr.2002 12:40:00 AM   
nated0g

I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but you should look into Smart-hosting. I think it will solve your problems. You want to have mail forwraded to another server (ISP) when it doesn't find the mailbox on the first server (exchange)... correct?? If so, set up smart-hosting on Exchange to forward to the ISP server if it cannot find a mailbox for the user locally. You may also need to adjust recipient policy depending on what you need. Hope that helps - good luck.

nate

(in reply to Zohayr)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> General Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter