• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows 2000 related question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Windows 2000 related question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 2000 related question - 13.Jul.2002 2:24:00 PM   
khalil

Hi,

Sorry for posting windows related question here but I have looked a lot around but could not find the answer, thought may be someone here can help me and I am sure to get the right answer here. so here is my question...

I am running windows 2000 and I want my dialup connection to dial the ISP whenever my server restarts. I have enabled redial option and it works fine but it does not work when server restart or when I log-off.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 2000 related question - 16.Jul.2002 12:35:00 AM   
DaDougInc

Check out the following on http://support.microsoft.com/

Q244734 - How to Enable Automatic Logon to a RAS Server

(in reply to khalil)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 2000 related question - 16.Jul.2002 8:27:00 AM   
khalil

Thanks for reply.

I have been through the article you have indicated but it seems to work when I will log-in. What I want is that it should connect to ISP automatically whenever server restarts (without loging-in). It is only useful for me when I am out of office or during night.

Thanks for any help!

(in reply to khalil)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 2000 related question - 16.Jul.2002 1:48:00 PM   
koggen

Hi K!

It's been a while since I worked with dialup connections, but anyhow, here's a suggestion:

If your connection is configured for automatic dialup whenever there is outbound traffic, I would schedule a connection trigging event, like a simple ping. Create a .bat file with the command "ping <hostname>" (excluding quotes and substituting <hostname> for a live hostname (outside your network). Choose a hostname that actually sends replies to your ping request (it shouldnĆt matter if it does or not with regard to the connection trigger ű since it is an outside address the connection will be opened anyway), but it would be great for diagnostic purposes. Just run the .bat-file from a command window and if you get replies you know the connection is opened and functioning. Then just use the windows scheduler to run the .bat-file at a convenient interval and between office hours (or whatever suits your needs the best).

Regards,

Johan

(in reply to khalil)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Windows 2000 related question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter