Forwarding Mail to External recipient (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

Gandalf -> Forwarding Mail to External recipient (22.Aug.2002 2:48:00 PM)

Hello,

I'v setup a user account so that this user can have mail forwarded to an external account i.e. hotmail.
I've also set it up that it stores the mail in the original account. Problem is this:
The mail is going to the external mail box but is not going out.
I've tried to follow instructions given by Mark Fugatt, but something isn't working. Mail is just piling up in mail box and is NOT being forwarded.

Any ideas?

mfugatt -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (23.Aug.2002 5:10:00 AM)

Can you send an email directly to one of the external addresses, and see what happens.

Gandalf -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (27.Aug.2002 1:14:00 PM)

Thanks for reply Mark,

here us what happens when I send a message to one of the external addresses: Message tracking:

Submitted to queuing
Messaage submitted to advance queue
Message submitted to Categorizer
Message delivered locally to xxx@hotmail.com
Message delivered locally to store xxx@hotmail.com

Hope this info helps.

Thanks

dannannan -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (28.Aug.2002 3:34:00 AM)

Check the recipient's directory object. Do they have xxx@hotmail.com configured as one of their SMTP email addresses? If so, you'll need to remove it. That would explain the local delivery.

DDL

mfugatt -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (28.Aug.2002 6:20:00 AM)

Are you sure you have created a contact, check the email tab for the user and make sure you have not specified @hotmail.com on the users email addresses tab.

quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf:
Thanks for reply Mark,

here us what happens when I send a message to one of the external addresses: Message tracking:

Submitted to queuing
Messaage submitted to advance queue
Message submitted to Categorizer
Message delivered locally to xxx@hotmail.com
Message delivered locally to store xxx@hotmail.com

Hope this info helps.

Thanks

Gandalf -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (28.Aug.2002 10:27:00 AM)

Thanks for replies:

now I'm lost. Thought I had to put the external email address in the email tab of the "external user". OK, now the SMTP address in the email tab is the same as the internal users directory details. How do I now set the external users directory information with the external email address? I'm missing some logical point here!

dannannan -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (28.Aug.2002 5:58:00 PM)

What you do is create a contact object in the AD, configured with the external address you want the user's mail to go to. Don't put the external address on the actual user's object. Then set the user's object to deliver and forward to the contact.

DDL

mfugatt -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (29.Aug.2002 4:17:00 AM)

So you did not read my article then. :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf:
Thanks for replies:

now I'm lost. Thought I had to put the external email address in the email tab of the "external user". OK, now the SMTP address in the email tab is the same as the internal users directory details. How do I now set the external users directory information with the external email address? I'm missing some logical point here!

Gandalf -> RE: Forwarding Mail to External recipient (29.Aug.2002 10:56:00 AM)

quote:
So you did not read my article then. :-)
Re-read instructions. Didn't read them correctly. OK now.

Thank you both.

Page: [1]