• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

sending outlook appts as attachments?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> sending outlook appts as attachments? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sending outlook appts as attachments? - 27.Aug.2002 9:18:00 PM   
kirkm

One of our users tried to send some appts as attachments to a non outlook user outside of the company and the attachments are empty when you ckick on them. Is there a way to send appts, contacts, etc. to other people outside of the company's exchange network?

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 28.Aug.2002 6:53:00 PM   
adukart

Create the appointment go to actions select send as icalendar.

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 2
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 29.Aug.2002 11:24:00 PM   
kirkm

Thanks for the input but I think that only works with users who have an iCal email client (Which I think means Outlook).

Is there a way to send several calendar entries with the notes, not just the subject line, to a user in another company who is not using Outlook but does have email and internet access?

Thank you

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 3
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 30.Aug.2002 12:05:00 AM   
adukart

Icalendar is designed so that users that do not have Outlook can see the appointment or respond to a meeting request. Did you even test it before you said that I'm wrong?

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 4
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 30.Aug.2002 12:45:00 AM   
kirkm

I said "I think" not that "I know", sorry if I hurt your feelings.

From what I read on the help file, it said that the recipient needs to have an iCal enabled email client. When I open the attachment from the message I sent to a Yahoo account it opened it up with Outlook and does not just display it as I had initially wanted it to. I will not be able to test it on an outside machine for many hours, so I thought I would ask if there is another way to do it, not necessarily that you were wrong.

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 5
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 30.Aug.2002 9:26:00 PM   
kirkm

OK Amy, if you are still there and "speaking" to me. I tried using iCal to forward the appt. and opened it with a computer that did not have Outlook. I opened the file using notepad, the date-time field, DTStamp, gives the date and time along with 00z all in one string that is not too easy to decipher for my users' recipients. Is this as good as it gets, or is there something else I can do to make it more readable? Is there a better program to open the file with? I would think that Lotus notes would have some compatibility to open a delineated file from M$, but apparently they do not...

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 6
RE: sending outlook appts as attachments? - 30.Aug.2002 10:35:00 PM   
speedracercjr

Hey don't sweat Amy...ppl can get so dang uptight sometimes. I have tried everything i know how to send an appt to some "other" email reader but to no avail. If you DO happen to find something please let me know!

(in reply to kirkm)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> sending outlook appts as attachments? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter