• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to deliver info@*.com to inbox?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> How to deliver info@*.com to inbox? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to deliver info@*.com to inbox? - 30.Aug.2002 1:33:00 PM   
ando_eire

Hello,

I'm pretty new to exchange 2000, but how do you configure say, info@domain.com to be delivered into a mailbox of a user with a email address john@domain.com

I want a user that already has a company email address to also get the info@domain.com email's?

The user is using Outlook 2000 on his win98 machine
Post #: 1
RE: How to deliver info@*.com to inbox? - 30.Aug.2002 4:06:00 PM   
drewdgz

There are a couple of ways to do this. I would most likely go about it this way. Add the "info@domain.com" alias in the user properties of the person chosen to recieve this email, under the "Email Addresses" tab in AD.
Then open the users local Outlook client and add an acct for "info@domain.com". Remember to select "My server requires authentication" in the Server properties tab as you create this account.
The username and password to pull down this email will be the same as the users main email identity. Lastly make sure the box is checked for the user to pull down this email aswell as the main email.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to ando_eire)
Post #: 2
RE: How to deliver info@*.com to inbox? - 30.Aug.2002 5:53:00 PM   
ando_eire

thx drew [Wink]

(in reply to ando_eire)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> How to deliver info@*.com to inbox? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter