• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

internal emails getting returned...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> internal emails getting returned... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
internal emails getting returned... - 5.Jun.2003 10:42:00 PM   
cwillis

Be warned...the network is in a state of upgrade at this point so what you see in this message is a very bad idea to try....just something I have to deal with due to budget restrictions....

Site A linked to Site B by T1 and VPN
Exchange server at Site A (domain a)
Users at Site B (domain b) using exchange server on site A

domain a and domain b are totally different forest root servers running win2ksvr....

All users (site a and site b) use the email user@siteA.com

Follow me so far...

I have 2 users at Site B that cannot send mail to internal recepients using the email address but can send to the domain object for the user. All external email works fine.

Users are running outlook 2000 and 2002 using MAPI accross the virtual LAN to access the exchange system.

For example...the user can send to my domain object 'Chris Willis' but not to my email 'cwillis@icrcsolutions.com'.

This gets even more strange that I can send email to them and they can reply to it....its only upon generation of the new mail message that this happens.

The other 20 users at the site are all setup the same way and none of them have problems.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> internal emails getting returned... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter