• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Out of Office

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Out of Office Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out of Office - 11.Jun.2003 8:49:00 PM   
sejinro

Why does Out of Office only reply once? Is there any way to change this, or is my Exchange rules corrupt?
Post #: 1
RE: Out of Office - 12.Jun.2003 5:15:00 PM   
dgeevaratne

it should only reply once per incoming email address. can you imagine getting an "out of office" for every email you send to a person who's out of the office.

or

picture a world where "out of office" sends a kick back each time an email is sent. if an email address stops working suddenly for whatever reason, a bounce gets sent back to the "out of office" service and that bounce gets sent an "out of office", but it bounces and goes back to the "out of office" service, and so on and so on. you have an endless loop. fun, eh!?

no, it keeps track of what addresses have sent that person mail and only sends one "out of office" back to that person until the some one turns off the out office. its its turned back on again, it starts fresh.

hope this helps.

[Razz]

(in reply to sejinro)
Post #: 2
RE: Out of Office - 12.Jun.2003 6:38:00 PM   
sejinro

Yes it does help, still Microsoft should have left that option to the customer. Every business has their own requirements...

(in reply to sejinro)
Post #: 3
RE: Out of Office - 22.Jul.2003 3:05:00 PM   
dfosbenner

I agree with sejinro. One of our salespeople was out for a couple weeks, they turned on the out of office. A customer got the reply, then probably forgot about it. A week later they sent an order - the order never got picked up. Sending an out of office reply only once is a crappy option.

(in reply to sejinro)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Out of Office Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote