• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ESM Errors

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> ESM Errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ESM Errors - 16.Oct.2003 11:27:00 PM   
Evan

I installed Exchange 2000 Service Pack 3. Since the install I have been getting error messages when I try to open Exchange System Manager.

When I try to open ESM I get an error message "Exchange detected that c:\winnt\system32\mapi32.dll is not the current version required to run Exchange System Manager or Exchange 2000 Server..."

After I click OK, ESM opens.

MS KB article 266418 mentions that this error message may occur if Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000 are installed on the same computer. The Exchange server has Outlook Express, which was installed by default with the Windows 2000 Server install.

Once in ESM, if I click on Public Folders in the left pane I get another error message "Operation failed due to an internal server error C1030AF2"

How do I fix these problems?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: ESM Errors - 17.Oct.2003 8:33:00 PM   
Evan

I think I've fixed the problem. The errors only started recently so I experimented with uninstalling recently installed service packs an patches. I stopped getting errors after uninstalling the Exchange SP3 hotfix.

Okay, it's time to vent some anger - This is not the first time that I've installed a security patch and then started getting errors or experiencing problems. Over the past couple of years I've noticed two things:
1. Microsoft is constantly issuing new service packs and patches. I think that Microsoft software has more holes than Swiss cheese.
2. Installing service packs and patches on critical servers is like Russian Roulette because sometimes the update cause problems.

Why doesn't Microsoft start making better software? We pay a lot of money in license fees and for what?

(in reply to Evan)
Post #: 2
RE: ESM Errors - 20.Oct.2003 2:45:00 AM   
jplant707

I have you agree with you Evan, I've had to rebuild a computer or two after an update created problems.

Thses days I tend to not install any hot fixs, though I do read the full blurb on them. I wait for a full service pack and first test that on a test machine before commiting it to the system. Even then, I don't apply all service packs unless they contain needed improvements. I really hate stuffing around with an operational system.

I've also turned off all automatic updates. It just ended up too much work.

(in reply to Evan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> ESM Errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote