• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

strange problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> strange problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
strange problems - 19.Jan.2004 11:55:00 AM   
3grad

Hi, this is a weird problem I have:
There is an account which sometimes can not send messages to a specific recipient. It is only this account and only to this specific recipient (which have two e-mails in two different mail servers, and the problem occurs to both). We have permanent traffic to both mail servers form other accounts here (and sometimes to the same recipient) and no other errors have occurred. Tracing the messages in question shows the following in SMTP log (I have replaced some stuff with X-es):
2004-01-17 00:55:19 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAIL - 25 - - 250-xx.xxx.com+Hello+xxxx.bg+[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx],+pleased+to+meet+you 0 0 86 0 281 SMTP - - - -
2004-01-17 00:55:19 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MAIL - 25 QUIT - - 0 0 4 0 281 SMTP - - - -
2004-01-17 00:55:19 217.115.66.9 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAIL - 25 - - 221+2.0.0+xx.xxx.com+closing+connection 0 0 53 0 578 SMTP - - - -
after that, an NDR is generated with:"The following recipient(s) could not be reached"
It looks for me like (OK, I have very moderate knowledge of exchange and SMTP) smtp-connector after establishing the connection instead of sending MAIL-FROM... sends directly QUIT. And, of course, every time when I have time to troubleshoot this issue, everything goes OK for this account: any test messages I send are processed and received OK.
I am using Exchange 2000 as a part of MS Small Business Server 2000, latest sp's and all security and critical updates.
P.S: and, of course, I have double checked for ANY policies (in Exchange and in Outlook) preventing and even mentioning sender and recipient names, addresses and IPs there are none.
Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> strange problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter