• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

synchronization problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> synchronization problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
synchronization problem - 2.Jun.2004 9:33:00 AM   
f_devocht

We are running Symantec AV on our mail server and each time a virus is found, outlook cannot synchronize. During synchronization, outlook finds the virus and reports that it cannot be cleaned. (Symantec denies acces to the infected files, although I configured it to delete them).
When I open the mailbox on the mailserver itself, there are no problems. I can see the header of the infected mail and delete it. I can't do that on any desktop. Every now and than I can't delete it on the server either (outlook prevents it), but usually moving it to the deleted items folder or doing a shift-del works.
This is rather annoying as each time I have a virus, I need to open my mail on the server to remove the infected mail ...
Any ideas?

[ June 02, 2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: f_devocht ]
Post #: 1
RE: synchronization problem - 2.Jun.2004 5:43:00 PM   
ajhugo

are you running an Exchange integrated version of Symantec? If not you could be causing harm to your exchange environment especially if you are scanning the M drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=245822

[ June 02, 2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: ajhugo ]

(in reply to f_devocht)
Post #: 2
RE: synchronization problem - 3.Jun.2004 4:02:00 PM   
f_devocht

I'm scanning the M drive, but I'm running the Exchange client, so this should be ok.

[ June 03, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: f_devocht ]

(in reply to f_devocht)
Post #: 3
RE: synchronization problem - 3.Jun.2004 9:24:00 PM   
ajhugo

IMPORTANT: Never run file-based scanning software against Exchange databases, logs, temporary files, the IIS system files, or the IFS drive (drive M). Configure antivirus software to avoid scanning the folders that contain these files.

If you scan the M: drive you WILL run into problems that will take down exchange

(in reply to f_devocht)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> synchronization problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter