• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

User Permissions on Group MailBox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> User Permissions on Group MailBox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User Permissions on Group MailBox - 3.Jun.2004 3:48:00 PM   
betheball774

Keep in mind that I am an end user, not someone that deals with Exchange at all. Having said that, I had our IT folks create a group mailbox for my team of 15 employees. They tell me I am the administrator, though I am not sure what I administer. Anyway, it works great, but I am hoping to modify a couple of things. First, an most important, can I make it so only I can delete or move messages? Because this box is the only source of email for some of my team, I cannot have someone deleting a message before everyone has had a chance to read it.

Second, and not quite so important, is it possible to change permissions so the mail can only be received in the box, not sent?
Post #: 1
RE: User Permissions on Group MailBox - 3.Jun.2004 7:18:00 PM   
exchparesh

Which version of exchange server you have ?

(in reply to betheball774)
Post #: 2
RE: User Permissions on Group MailBox - 3.Jun.2004 9:21:00 PM   
ajhugo

Yes and Yes. Your Exchange admin can set it up for you if you do not know how to or have permission to change permissions on the mailbox.

you can also use the help menu in outlook to help you delegate permissions to your mail folders. Oprn help and search for delegate permissions

Post #: 3
RE: User Permissions on Group MailBox - 8.Jun.2004 8:13:00 PM   
betheball774

I checked the permissions on the group mailbox via Outlook. It shows two accounts, Default and mine. My account is the Owner with full permissions. The Default account has a permission level of Reviewer and the Edit and Delete items are marked None. In spite of that, all users are able to delete. When a user who also has his/her own mailbox deletes a message, the message goes to his or her own deleted items folder. When a user who has no mailbox deletes an item it goes to the deleted items folder for the group mailbox.

I really don't want the users to be able to delete. What else can I try?

Post #: 4
RE: User Permissions on Group MailBox - 8.Jun.2004 9:31:00 PM   
ajhugo

Sounds like the mailbox permissions in AD were not set properly.

Those have to be checked\changed by and exchange administrator.

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> User Permissions on Group MailBox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter