• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help with Exchange manageing 2 Domains in one forest

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Help with Exchange manageing 2 Domains in one forest Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Exchange manageing 2 Domains in one forest - 31.Aug.2004 10:52:00 PM   
I am in the process of adding a second domain tree (domain xyz.com) to our current domain (domain abc.com) that hosts our Exchange 2000 server.

I have sucessfully, created two way trusts between the domains, created proper admin permissions where needed and with some help from here, got the RUS pointed towards xyz (how would I verify if this is working for sure?).

I have gone though the steps of creating seperate entities within the exchange box for each domain (seperate Public Folders, global lists, e-mail addresses).
I have built reciepient policies to reflect the correct e-mail addresses based on the mailbox store the users are creeated in.

I have installed the exchange tools on domain xyz.com also (after domain and forest preps)

My problem is now when I create a new user on the xyz domain and create the mailbox in its appropriate store, it goes though the steps of creating a new user and allows me to select the proper store, but the mailbox is not created? I cannot log on as that user and access their mailbox either (I get an error that says I dont have permission to log on)
I do not have the option of adding another mailbox that is currently on the abc domain as it pretty much locks me out of the exchange server all together.
It does reconigize and resolve the exchange server name and user when you hit the "check names" option during setup..

It sounds like I need to give xyz domain users permissions to the exchange server, or the exchange server needs permissions to update the users?? I dont know where to go from here, any help??

Thanks,

Mike
  Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Help with Exchange manageing 2 Domains in one forest Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter