Wrong time zone in Outlook calendar (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

9milbill -> Wrong time zone in Outlook calendar (13.Oct.2004 5:49:00 PM)

One of my users has the time zone set to 1 hour behind GMT rather than GMT itself, however the buttons to change it are greyed out and it seems the user has insufficient permissions. The PC date and time is correct, but Outlook is wrong and I can't see how to change it.

Anyone know how?

TIA

Stephen

Henrik Walther -> RE: Wrong time zone in Outlook calendar (13.Oct.2004 7:32:00 PM)

Give them local admin rights and change the timezone, if you don't want them to have local admin rights permanently remove the rights again after the change has been done.

9milbill -> RE: Wrong time zone in Outlook calendar (13.Oct.2004 10:32:00 PM)

Henrik, sounds good. I'll go on site tomorrow and do just that.

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Stephen

9milbill -> RE: Wrong time zone in Outlook calendar (14.Oct.2004 12:15:00 PM)

Henrik, I ste the user to local admin rights, but it still doens't allow the user to change settings.

At some point someone has added the alternate time zone of Cape Verde Islands (GMT -1), and it's possible to swap so the current TZ is GMT. However when I select the check box for daylight savings it won't allow those settings to be saved. The problem will go away for a few months in two weeks time, but in the meantime I thought I'd export all the user's data to a .pst file, delete her mailbox, create a new one and import the data back in.

What do you think?

Stephen

Page: [1]