• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 27.Jul.2005 10:54:00 AM   
morninglion

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011d): 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator is this condition persists.

thats what I get after I set up a new machine for a user. I have all the updates from microsoft. Followed their suggestions here : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=327291
Was curious if anyone here had an Idea on what would cause this and how to resolve it, thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 7:53:00 AM   
pjhutch

Check TCP/IP properties, are the DNS entries pointing to AD DNS servers?
Also, does the client have Client for MS Networks installed?

(in reply to morninglion)
Post #: 2
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 8:40:00 AM   
morninglion

Yes, everything is correct for the domain here. I even tried directing Outlook to the ip instead of the server name. it is strange, since this is only one machine, and on all logins on the machine, it does it.

Post #: 3
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 9:53:00 AM   
Panic Mecanic

Hi, the description of the article sugests that the error is recieved after a past sync when the mailbox was on another server...

Is this condition true, have you moved the mailbox? is this the FIRST time you are seeting up this users mailbox on that pc??

Can you access the users mailbox from OWA from that PC....

If not the FIRST time, go and delete the Outlook cache in users the Docs and Settings folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Hope that helps....

Panic

Post #: 4
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 9:56:00 AM   
morninglion

Hmm, this is the first time, All data is server stored. Oddly enough, i set up another PC for this user, and all worked fine, first round. I dont know, thinking about just starting over again.

Post #: 5
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 10:13:00 AM   
Panic Mecanic

Hi, if it works fine on another pc then most def is a local pc issue, chk and compare setings between pc's

*IP Addressing
*PC Domain Account
*Local Security Policy
etc...

Let us know when u find sumthin...

Panic

Post #: 6
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 10:26:00 AM   
morninglion

Oddly, I didnt see anything, myself, or the other IT. Its a HP dc7100 small form, we stuffed a 3com NIC in it, it ran better, but didnt fix it. These built in broadcom's seem to suck. Either that, or our network sucks that bad

Post #: 7
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 28.Jul.2005 11:03:00 AM   
Panic Mecanic

hmmm, yeah if u can browse other resources ie...Internet etc......then im not convinced that it is a harware issue.....

DO a bit more in depth testing and see what comes of it. Trace the process, maybe put a sniffer on the network and see hwta trafiic that PC generates when trying to make a connection to the Exchange..

Panic

Post #: 8
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available: FIXED! - 10.Mar.2009 6:57:36 AM   
kleinbaas

FIXED! I fixed this (or a very similar) problem, this is how I did it:

Problem: Error (0x8004011D) Server Not Available when trying to Send and Receive in Outlook (Exchange Account on Local Server).

I tried creating a new profile or OST file as suggested in some posts, but this did not work (I didnít think it would as the problem was occurring on all PC's on the network).

Solution: The solution was to restart the Microsoft Exchange Services on the server. Find the first such service that is set to start automatically and is started, then re-start it. You should be warned that this will restart a bunch of other services too, which is what you want. You may want to restart all the Microsoft Exchange Services just to be sure. Wholah, problem fixed!

Some more info: To restart a service, find it first. Do this by right-clicking on (My) Computer in the Start Menu and click on Manage. Then click on Services and Applications, then Services. Now find the Service, right click on it and click on Restart.

For more information see http://www.brightvisions.co.uk
Happy Hunting!

Al vJ - IT Support Technician for BrightVisions - www.brightvisions.co.uk

(in reply to Panic Mecanic)
Post #: 9
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 9.Aug.2010 5:21:08 AM   
bibomaria

Hi !

it's a general problem with outlook express, when we send mail to some one it generate an error. few days before i have faced such problem. i used a software to remove such issue in outlook. i found such software at:: www.edbrepairtool.com

Post #: 10
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 9.Sep.2012 4:28:29 PM   
bgiesbrecht

I was getting this error and also getting error 0x80040115..

I use Microsoft Office 365 (MS's online Exchange server) so no way for me to 'restart' the server.

I found this article on Microsoft's website and followed the instructions.

In the end, this fixed all my problems.

A little background on my problem: I was getting the two errors (the one this thread is on and the other I mentioned above.) Also, Outlook would not open as it said something was wrong with the .pst folder.

The only way to get Outlook to work was to go to the properties and set it to compatibility mode for Win 7. That was annoying because each time I opened Outlook I got the UAC (or whatever it's called) window and had to click the 'Yes' button to let it open.

Once I followed the steps to repair the .pst file (had a tough time finding it! Found it by going to Outlook, then clicking Tools>Account Settings>Data Files>Add..>(.pst) then write down the address where the files are located), it would connect to MS Exchange (Office 365) no problems. It sent all the messages no problems. (the SCANPST tool said it found minor issues with my file and that repairing was optional.. I opted to repair after making a backup, per on-screen suggestions.)

I also went back and switched off the compatibility mode and now it all works just like it used to!

I post all this info in hopes of saving someone else the headache I went through. I am not in IT in any way, shape or form, nor do I have any desire to be.

Best of luck.

(in reply to bibomaria)
Post #: 11
RE: Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available - 27.Nov.2012 12:23:54 AM   
JackPotter

I had the same problem! Help!

(in reply to bgiesbrecht)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter