• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

upgrade an exchange 2000 standard evaluation to RTM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Installation >> upgrade an exchange 2000 standard evaluation to RTM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
upgrade an exchange 2000 standard evaluation to RTM - 10.Oct.2003 5:29:00 PM   
Twanster

Hello to all,

are there any special things to consider when upgrading an exchange 2000 evaluation version to a RTM version. I found an article "XADM: How to upgrade from exchange 2000 RC2 to RTM". Can anyone tell me if this article applies to my situation? The article says that one has to run forestprep and domainprep again and than take the reinstall option of exchange 2000 setup. Is this correct? Any help is welcome.

Many thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: upgrade an exchange 2000 standard evaluation to RTM - 14.Oct.2003 5:42:00 AM   
sniper

Twanster,

The article is correct. You may not have rerun forestprep and domain prep unless you are using RC2 media as the eval. If the eval is RTM the schema is good to go and so are the domain permissions. Run setup and reinstall the production version on the system SP3 and post Sp3 rollup and all will be fine

(in reply to Twanster)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Installation >> upgrade an exchange 2000 standard evaluation to RTM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter