• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail Essentials - DMZ

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mail Essentials - DMZ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail Essentials - DMZ - 25.Sep.2001 8:26:00 PM   
adagost

I have ISA 2000 firewall, exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 network.

I am putting mail essentials on a separate PC between the mail server and firewall.

It is a 192 network in the DMZ. My internal network is a 10.10. The PC will not have a 10.10 network card.

Does this PC with windows 2000 have to be part of the domain?

What is the best way to configure?

I am looing for some additional insight from others who have done this.

Thank you

Post #: 1
RE: Mail Essentials - DMZ - 28.Sep.2001 7:22:00 PM   
robert

It can be part of the domain but it can be that it is not part of the domain as well. You can install mail essentials as an SMTP server and make the mx record point to the Mail essentials machine not to the exchange machine. Then you can make the Mail essentials point to your exchange. In this way you have a mailgate between the firewall and the mailserver.

(in reply to adagost)
Post #: 2
RE: Mail Essentials - DMZ - 1.Oct.2001 11:29:00 PM   
adagost

quote:
Originally posted by robert:
It can be part of the domain but it can be that it is not part of the domain as well. You can install mail essentials as an SMTP server and make the mx record point to the Mail essentials machine not to the exchange machine. Then you can make the Mail essentials point to your exchange. In this way you have a mailgate between the firewall and the mailserver.

I have it working coming into the mail server. I want the mail server to go to the mail relay box - then out the isa firewall. I get it to hit the mail relay box. It gets stuck in the queue there.
What do I have to do to get the mail relay box to send to the ISA and out. The ISA server does not have SMTP on it so I have the mail relay box set with my DNS servers - not with a smart host.
The mail relay is in a DMZ with one nic on a private nework. The only server with public access is the firewall
Please help!

(in reply to adagost)
Post #: 3
RE: Mail Essentials - DMZ - 4.Oct.2001 10:54:00 AM   
robert

Just make the gateway of the mail relay machine as the ISA-Server. Like this all mails are sent out from the relay machine, trough isa-server and to the outside world.

(in reply to adagost)
Post #: 4
RE: Mail Essentials - DMZ - 4.Oct.2001 4:21:00 PM   
adagost

I do have the mail relay box nic set with a default gateway of the ISA.

Is there some type of filter i have to build.

Thank you

(in reply to adagost)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mail Essentials - DMZ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter