• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Archiving

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Outlook Archiving Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Archiving - 5.Feb.2002 11:51:00 PM   
cvan

I'm looking for a good utility for Auto-archiving a user's email from their mailbox to a file/folder on a file server. I'm looking for an easier way to do it then the way Outlook does it. I'd like it to archive a folder and any sub-folders. Outlook requires you to setup archiving on each folder and I have users with 100+ folders and it's not easy for them to archive. Outlook can do it manually but automating it would be nice.

Chris

Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Archiving - 6.Feb.2002 5:06:00 PM   
jonbush1

a quick solution that might help....

create a "mail to archive" folder in outlook, then put all your folders that require archiving in it, thus preserving any structures, rules etc, then configure to archive the "mail to archive" folder only.....

hope this helps

Jon.

(in reply to cvan)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook Archiving - 7.Feb.2002 1:57:00 AM   
adukart

I have also been looking for something like this and don't like the that Outlook does it. Jon I don't really like your idea because my users get confused and upset when I change things on them. They would then have to open the new folder in order to see thier other folders. But it still would work.

(in reply to cvan)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook Archiving - 8.Feb.2002 5:09:00 PM   
have a look at www.k-vault.com,

(in reply to cvan)
  Post #: 4
RE: Outlook Archiving - 13.Apr.2002 4:31:00 AM   
SashaKrf

I am not at liberty to discuss were I am presently employed (Let's just say that we fly allot of heavily armed airplanes). We support a customer base of 60,000+ users. We had to deal with this dilemma and after looking over products and solutions out there. We went with a company called IXOS.

www.ixos.com

They have been working with data archiving for many years. They started out working hand in hand with SAP (www.sap.com). A few years ago came out with products to tie into Exchange. We are really impressed with the functionality they give us. We can archive email for the user behind the scenes, they can archive it through outlook and we can now provide this functionality to our mobile users. Check them out I don't think you be disappointed.

(in reply to cvan)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Outlook Archiving Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter