• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr - 22.Jul.2002 3:50:00 PM   
thebigc

Hi.

I'm in the process of migrating our system to Exchange 2000. The old process was a few workstations dotted around configured to collect mail from different pop3 accounts. Redirections are in place to send email to ourcompany.com -> isp_pop_account.com. As I am unable to move all users at once I want to keep the external configs as they are and download the mail via POP3.

The problem that I am having is that the POP3 downloader does not appear to be rewritting the header when it sends to the 'To:' field first. It half works (i.e. it can relay for the domain)when a recipient policy for the isp_pop_account.com is created, but unknowns are not dumped into an alternate address (in fact they disappear). The header is rewritten perfectly when the downloader is configured to send all mail to the alternate address.

Any ideas???? "[Confused]"

I hope you guys can help.

Col
Post #: 1
RE: Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr - 31.Jul.2002 2:02:00 PM   
vellad

Hi Colin,

It seems you have an old build. I suggest emailing GFI support (support@gfi.com), explaining your issue.

regards,

David Vella

(in reply to thebigc)
Post #: 2
RE: Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr - 9.Sep.2002 11:37:00 AM   
Hi
I am also evaluating the various products for Pop3 downloaders for exchange 2000. Can u please suggest me any. How is this GFI Mail essentials working? Pl mail me on nitinagarwal80@hotmail.com
Awaiting your reply... please
thanks

(in reply to thebigc)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mail Essentials 7 - POP3 dwnldr Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter