• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

GoExchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GoExchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GoExchange - 3.Jun.2003 3:38:00 PM   
caladan78

Has anyone had any issues with a maintenance automation tool called goexchange? Just wondering before I downloaded an evaluation version.

Thanks!
-Larry
Post #: 1
RE: GoExchange - 4.Jun.2003 7:42:00 AM   
Exchange_Admin

I looked at the website for this product. The information in their website about the product is pretty good.

Let me play Devil's Advocate here.
Here is my opinion:
1. Their product does not do anything special that an admin cannot do themselves.
2. I would not want to trust the running of the ESEUTIL command to a program. I have seen to many things come up in the past to believe that a program can effectively handle all of them.
3. They seem to really push the hype of reducing the message store size by 30%-55%. They are doing nothing more than running an offline defrag to accomplish this. As far as correcting warnings and error in the database, this is accomplished by using the ISINTEG command.
4. If something happens an your database becomes corrupt, Microsoft PSS will not support the use of this program. They may in fact tell you that since the corruption seemed to occur by using GoExchange, you should call GoExchange support. What will the GoExchange support tell you? Call Microsoft? I don't know for a fact what will be said, but I am basing this on past experience with other products.
5. I believe that if a network admin has an Exchange server they are responsible for, then they need to be very knowledgable of Exchange. I see to many admins that do not seem to have a clue about Exchange and how it works. How they got the position sometimes amazes me.
6. If an admin was worth his salt, then he would be aware of the state of his Exchange server and not have to rely on GoExchange to tell him.

I am not saying that this is a bad product and not worth looking into.
I AM saying that an admin should be able to do exacltly what this product does. If they can't, then they should get some training. This should not be used just because you have a lazy admin.

Just my nickles worth.

(in reply to caladan78)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GoExchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter