MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons

mhowel01 -> MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (24.Oct.2003 6:27:00 PM)

Is it possible to run MailEssentials and Exchange 5.5 on the same server? I've tried serveral time to setup the mail relay with little success. Any help would be much appreciated.

nicks -> RE: MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (28.Oct.2003 4:17:00 PM)

Hi,

No, it is not possible to run MailEssentials on the same machine as Exchange 5.5. You would have to either run MailEssentials on a gateway (on a seperate machine), or upgrade your Exchange server to Exchange 2000/2003

trunks -> RE: MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (31.Oct.2003 7:12:00 AM)

YES, it is possible to run on the same machine, actually i have done this almost three years ago .

i assuming you are running on NT 4.0, the mail concern is to change the SMTP service port to other e.g: 26 and let mailessential to take care the port 25.

You should read the manual carefully before the installation.

Good Luck!

[ October 31, 2003, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Trunks ]

Guest -> RE: MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (30.Mar.2004 9:08:00 AM)

@Trunks

can you please explain this to me ?

The manual and all infos that i found, say that it's not possible to install GFI on a NT-machine ?

thanks

lechuck -> RE: MailEssentials and Exchage 5.5 on same server? (31.Mar.2004 5:11:00 PM)

Since Mail Essentials needs its own SMTP service to filter/watch SMTP traffic you need to change the TCP port that Exchange Internet Mail Connector is listening on. So If you you need to install MES in the same machine as your Exchange you need to change the IMC port to 26 for example and have your SMTP server relay the inbound SMTP traffic to it's own IP but on different port.

Page: [1]