• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Run Apache simultaneous with Exchange Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Run Apache simultaneous with Exchange Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Run Apache simultaneous with Exchange Server - 1.Dec.2003 9:20:00 AM   
gylcheong

Can I run apache 2.0.48 on Windows Server2000 which servicing the Exchange Mail Server??

Is there any conflict?
How should I configure it in order to run website in php and in the same operating system use exchange server to be mail server?

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Run Apache simultaneous with Exchange Server - 1.Dec.2003 9:38:00 PM   
koggen

Yes, you *can* run Apache on the Exchange server. But since the Exchange web services already uses port 80, Apache can't run on port 80 too. You *must* configure it to run on some other port, e.g. 8000 or 8080. This means that any website served by Apache must be accessed with http://www.yourdomain.com:8000/, or whatever server name your machine has.

It was a while since I ran the PHP-parser on a windows machine. But back then (2-3 yrs ago) it was not stable. I've never had so much trouble as then. Beware, you are warned!

You should find something similar to this in the apache.conf file:

###
### IP Address/Port
###
#BindAddress *
Listen 80

Change the "Listen 80" to e.g. "Listen 8080" to run the Apache server on that port instead.

// Johan

(in reply to gylcheong)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Run Apache simultaneous with Exchange Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter