• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Received email Blocking

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Received email Blocking Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Received email Blocking - 2.Apr.2004 1:49:00 PM   
Keith F.

My environment started out with 1 smtp email address for it's users, then added a second smtp address. The 1st address we kept routing into the client's mailboxes. Now we wish to keep the only the 2nd address and block/reject everything inbound addressed to the 1st, original address.

Anyone know of a 3rd party tool to do this or exchange functionality that will acomplish this. Removing the MX record is already considered but may not be a option. Removing the original address from the receipients list on the clients box doesnt work as it is defined on our mailhubs which routes it to the new address anyway. Removing from the mailhub is not an option as it routes company wide, and I only need to block it at my site.

I see the various tools, that have blacklist / whitelist but that only applies to the sender, not the receipient.

Setup is Exchange 5.5 SP4
Post #: 1
RE: Received email Blocking - 4.May2004 4:09:00 PM   
Patz

Hi Keith,

The GFI MailEssentials product is able to block or whitelist, either the MIME Sender of the mail or the MIME recipient. This should be helpful in your case.

Further information can be found at www.gfi.com

(in reply to Keith F.)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Received email Blocking Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter