• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES - 8.Apr.2004 2:13:00 PM   
Baldeagle812

We are about to move from Exchange 5.5 to our parent companys Exchange 2000 Organisation. However our parent company has restricted the size of mailboxes and disallowed pst files. Some of my users have extremely large mailboxes. I could tell them to save the messages as *.msg files, but as most of you can apprieciate people with mailboxes with upto 150,000 items in will take an extremely long tine to do.

Does anyone know of a utility that will allow me to archive messages enblock and save them as *.msg files, recreating the directory structure as well?

Thanks

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES - 23.Apr.2004 3:22:00 PM   
GerryFSU

It might be easier if you were to use the ExMerge.exe utility on your server and save the resulting files on a network share. This will preserve the users mailbox and all files. It saves the file as a .pst file. The user would then add this .pst file as a personal folder.
We have just moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and this was the route we took. Very neat and tidy.

(in reply to Baldeagle812)
Post #: 2
RE: ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES - 24.May2004 10:38:00 PM   
bushellj

Have you looked at any of the Exchange Archiving tools such as Enterprise Vault from KVS ?

I may be biased as I work for them, but this is exactly the sort of situation where people use an archiving solution.

Post #: 3
RE: ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES - 29.Nov.2004 4:35:00 PM   
Roach

Hi.

How does KVS work? Does it only archive what is within the mailbox stores or can it also archive every incoming or outgoing emails? We need a solution that will archive our mailbox stores based on Policies, but we also need a solution to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and such...

thanks.

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> ARCHIVING OUTLOOK MESSAGES Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter