• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? - 18.Sep.2002 6:01:00 PM   
hannah_m

Our Exchange 2000 server is also used as a terminal server. After installing Windows 2000 SP3 and exchange SP3, ædomain usersÆ logging on through terminal services have been unable to access their mailboxes. Outlook prompts for a username/domain/pw, (same as windows logon info) but responds that the users password is incorrect. Outlook web mail works perfectly fine, and no one using pop3/smtp has a problem.
I believe this is a security permission problem because ever since I installed the service packs ædomain usersÆ have been unable to access the Internet, and are unable to use the Internet Connection Wizard due to a lack of permissions. Administrators have no problem surfing the net or opening their mailboxes.
I've gone through and set windows permissions for the users, (even matching the administrators) but have not found anything that works. I think if they get access to ICW, then they will be able to open their mailboxes. As for now I'm totally at a loss, and can't leave everyone with Administrator rights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? - 20.Sep.2002 8:12:00 PM   
oholland

Hmmm...have you tried setting the local policy? In some cases setting the local policy for Domain users to logon locally works fine. I have not bothered with SP3 for exchange buy I use SP3 for W2k. This should help you...the policy can be reversed if needed.

(in reply to hannah_m)
Post #: 2
RE: Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? - 21.Sep.2002 12:29:00 AM   
hannah_m

I did try setting the local and domain policies. I even went through the list and matched each administrator privilege with a domain user, for both the local and domain controller policy and at the same time. It didn't help, I guess I will try it with all 3...the domain controller, domain, & local policy, but doesn't the domain controller take priority anyway?
Thanks for the thoughts.
Mitch.

(in reply to hannah_m)
Post #: 3
RE: Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? - 30.Sep.2002 4:40:00 PM   
hannah_m

I reset all the security permissions to MicrosoftÆs defaults, and am still having the same problem. Does anyone know what the permissions on the exchange mailbox folders should be? Right now when ever I try to look at a mailbox folder it tells me the security permissions are ordered incorrectly. They're inheriting the values, but I don't know where they are inheriting them from because there is no security information available on the mapped exchange drive. I still think if I can give æDomain UsersÆ access to things like the Internet Connection Wizard it will solve the problem.

(in reply to hannah_m)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Win/Exchange 2000 SP3's reset permissions?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter