• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EX2K and AD security

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> EX2K and AD security Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EX2K and AD security - 20.Nov.2002 9:15:00 PM   
jazz4man

Hi,
Anyone has info about necessary security setup in AD so exchange 2k will run right?
The security right has been changed in our AD and I'd like to set it back as default.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: EX2K and AD security - 21.Nov.2002 1:55:00 AM   
mfugatt

The simplest way to reset some of the permissions is to run setup with the domainprep switch again.

But it all depends on the permissions that have been changed, I am not aware of any documents that details the default permissions.

(in reply to jazz4man)
Post #: 2
RE: EX2K and AD security - 12.Dec.2002 9:58:00 PM   
To reset AD permissions back to the default you use the security configuration editor. The SCE uses predefined templates to apply security settings to your domain controllers, servers, and AD.

There is alot of information about using the SCE and I recommend experimenting on a test system if you have the luxury (I didn't and learned the hard way how to do it). I found some real good guides written by our government. Goto NSA.GOV and look for the guide titled "Securing Windows 2000 Group Policy". These guides can also be found at NIPC.ORG, and SANS.ORG.

If your exchange server is alo a domain controller and located in the Domain Controllers OU then I would look at the "bypass traverse checking" , "Access this computer from network" and "logon Locally" permissions.

(in reply to jazz4man)
  Post #: 3
RE: EX2K and AD security - 13.Dec.2002 1:35:00 AM   
jazz4man

Thanks all,
These information is very helpful

(in reply to jazz4man)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> EX2K and AD security Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter