• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"the name could not be resolved"

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> "the name could not be resolved" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"the name could not be resolved" - 7.Jan.2003 3:49:00 PM   
pmoran

"the name could not be resolved" When adding additional mailboxes to your Outlook profile. Have read KB artical 322832 "[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: "the name could not be resolved" - 8.Jan.2003 5:03:00 PM   
koggen

Hi!

You might want to check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q309622. Also make sure you enter the exact display name. Outlook does not match any partial names, you must enter the exact name directly.

// Johan

(in reply to pmoran)
Post #: 2
RE: "the name could not be resolved" - 9.Jan.2003 7:04:00 AM   
ruwand

guys, I have the same problem. Check the 257885, 297801, 309622 in Microsoft. I have done every thing what Microsoft said in there knowladgebase. But upto now signs of any resolution. If any body knows rectify this problem please send me a mail too. ruwand@cntconnect.com

Thanks [Confused]

(in reply to pmoran)
Post #: 3
RE: "the name could not be resolved" - 17.Jan.2003 9:54:00 PM   
DaDougInc

Before anything, verify on all Domain Controllers (Global Catalog servers) that the user in question has the mail attributes configured properly.
- Check Email Addresses
- Check Exchange General

Next, get a NETMON trace from the workstation to see where the Client is connecting to for name resolution (DNS) and AD Lookups (DC/GC). This will be a start but to continue with NETMON, you need a cooresponding trace from all servers/workstations involved.
What this does is allow you to eliminate many components involved in the process.

Otherwise, continue to reference the Microsoft Knowledge Base for more data...

(in reply to pmoran)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> "the name could not be resolved" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter