• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

550 5.7.1

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> 550 5.7.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
550 5.7.1 - 4.Feb.2003 11:52:00 PM   
AnnieL

Users receive NDR for some e-mails sent out.

"You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<server1.abc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <recipient@xxx.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [x.x.x.x]>"

the user is sending via another Exchange server in the organisation. I tried including senders domain in Default Policy, Properties, Email Addresses(Q289553), but I cannot be inputing domains as the list of NDR grows. How can I make sure sender is able to send mails without NDRs. Please help! "[Frown]"
Post #: 1
RE: 550 5.7.1 - 5.Feb.2003 2:55:00 PM   
networkone

I had an issue that was very similar, if not identical to the one you have.

To resolve the issue, I had to do a couple of things...

1. verify that your DNS is resolving the Domain Name correctly. You can do this several ways.. First, validate the mail record by pinging it. It may or may not respond, this doesn't matter. Just make sure the IP is correct. You can velidate the correct IP by doing an nslookup using the domain names Start of Authority DNS.

2. Try sending an email using another account on your domain. this would narrow down what you need to focus on... the user account or the exchange server/DNS.

Just a couple diagnostic tips.

In my case, it was an issue with my DNS AND the external users account. What a pain that was..

Good Luck

JPA

(in reply to AnnieL)
Post #: 2
RE: 550 5.7.1 - 6.Feb.2003 1:09:00 AM   
AnnieL

Thanks for that. I have tested the DNS and user from another exchange server are able to send mails to the same address without problems. In the meantime I managed to get around the problem by granting relay to the group of computers sending via the secondary exchange server in SMTP virtual settings of my primary exchange server. Problem solved!

(in reply to AnnieL)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> 550 5.7.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter