Being Used as Relay, Urgent!, please help! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security

droach -> Being Used as Relay, Urgent!, please help! (10.Feb.2003 2:32:00 PM)

Hi, i Have an MS Exchange Server behind and Isa Firewall and i'm being used as a Relay server by unauthorized people, I followed instructions from this site to avoid that, have no connectors active. The server is brand new and have only 5 users, is very unlikely to have any of the passwords compromised, but i otices that when i deleted the messages sending the NRD, the mailbox from the SystemMilbox user grew, so i figured that this is the account they're using even though it is dissabled, i changed it's pasword and deleted all the unwanted mails and again after 1 our suddenly lots of e-mails where in the SMTP server. I also of course checked the box under RELAY in the SMTP server for the succesfully authenticated users to be able to relay. Please HELP!

droach -> RE: Being Used as Relay, Urgent!, please help! (10.Feb.2003 4:04:00 PM)

Updating... i followed the instructions on article http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html
and now it seems i'm ok with the relaying thing, but now i can't send any e-mail from the outlook express clients or clients outside the company... the e-mails retur with error 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for... even if i put authentication in the outgoing server of my outlook.

Any ideas?

Page: [1]