• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

I dont have permission?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> I dont have permission? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I dont have permission? - 21.Feb.2003 12:05:00 AM   
au79hunter

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<Mailserver.DomainName.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for username@DomainName.com.tw>

We have no other problems with our 2000 exchange mail server. Every thing gets sent just fine except to this one address in Taiwan. When I ping the above domain name my primary logon server replies. Slowly going nuts over this one.

Any steps to resolution would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: I dont have permission? - 21.Feb.2003 2:22:00 AM   
jlawson

quote:
Originally posted by au79hunter:
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<Mailserver.DomainName.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for username@DomainName.com.tw>

We have no other problems with our 2000 exchange mail server. Every thing gets sent just fine except to this one address in Taiwan. When I ping the above domain name my primary logon server replies. Slowly going nuts over this one.

Any steps to resolution would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to au79hunter)
Post #: 2
RE: I dont have permission? - 21.Feb.2003 2:51:00 AM   
jlawson

I appear to have the same problem, or at least the same type of problem. There are three domains that my domain can not send email to. What I have done so far... 1) called my dsl provider and had them turn on 'reverse dns lookup' (this seems to be needed by some email servers, a way of verifing your domain), this solved the problem for one domain, two left. 2)now that dns rev lookup is on I can now telnet into the remaining two domains and send email to the tech's I have been working with, but I still can not send email to these domains using exchange server 2000. 3) I have captured a good email (to another domain) and a bad email (to one of the two remaining domains) and compaired the packets. They appear to be the same down to the dns/zone section. The good email dns returns the correct name/type/class (and ships out the email to the internet) while the bad email returns name=_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.(my computer.domain name) and the email never leaves the server.
Hope this helps au76Hunter. I am wondering if maybe the problem is in my server, maybe I have a rule that restricts email from going to these two domains. I've not found it yet though.

(in reply to au79hunter)
Post #: 3
RE: I dont have permission? - 21.Feb.2003 6:44:00 PM   
au79hunter

Thanks spider, I'll see if my reverse lookup is turned on.

(in reply to au79hunter)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> I dont have permission? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter