• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How do I restrict access to Resource mail boxes?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> How do I restrict access to Resource mail boxes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I restrict access to Resource mail boxes? - 9.Apr.2003 7:08:00 PM   
rmelcer

I have set up a number of resources on our server (Ex Board rooms).
I have delegated access to all users including read/write. The normal way of booking is to use the appointment funtion from your outlook. However, my users are using the File/Open others users Folders feature from outlook to open the resource and then they book from within the resource. This allows the ability to double book and does not assign the meeting organizer.

Is there a way to disable the File/Open other users Folders option in outlook and force the users to use the appointment function only?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I restrict access to Resource mail boxes? - 11.Apr.2003 8:22:00 PM   
Glennt

My suggestion is to remove the delegate access to the mailbox. Did you follow the technet doc about creating resource mailboes? To set up a mailbox for a conference room you logon as the mailbox user, then goto the tools-options-calendar-resource scheduling and check the appropiate boxes. The user must then create an appointment and select the resource use AS A RESOURCE (I have trouble getting users to cleck the resource button). When it is set up this way the resource mailbox sends out meeting confirmations, conflicts ...ect.

(in reply to rmelcer)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> How do I restrict access to Resource mail boxes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter