Manager Wants Permissions To A Mailbox PLZ Help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security

adam1982 -> Manager Wants Permissions To A Mailbox PLZ Help (1.Aug.2003 11:18:00 AM)

How would you give a user permission to view another users mailbox?

I dont want to give them permission to check everyone in the domains account though
just a manager permission to check a juniors mailbox

Cheers
Adam

pinball -> RE: Manager Wants Permissions To A Mailbox PLZ Help (1.Aug.2003 2:40:00 PM)

Hi adam1982,

You need to provide the manager with delegate rights of the juniors mailbox, I can't remember off of the top of my head, but you may have to login as the junior to provide the access rights.

Do a search in the exchange help for delegates.

HTH.

Abasi -> RE: Manager Wants Permissions To A Mailbox PLZ Help (2.Aug.2003 3:41:00 PM)

Depending on your platform this is how to do it.

Exchange 2000: open AD users and click on view advanced features. goto to the junior's user properties goto Exchange Advanced tab. You'll see Mailbox rights and apply mailbox rights to the manager. You can then open the Junior's mailbox from the Manager's outlook.

Exchange 5.5: Im not sure how to do this without giving the manager Service Account status which will give him full access to all mailboxes. You can always just login to the Junior's outlook and set permissions that way, but unless you know their password, you would have to change it and then the Junior may suspect something is up;)

shahid -> RE: Manager Wants Permissions To A Mailbox PLZ Help (4.Aug.2003 12:25:00 PM)

its very simple, no need to go to A/D. you just open outlook from your junior user and then go to < tools, option, click on delegate tab then add> from there u select your manager and then select what ever rights u want to give to user inbox.

then go to manager oulook and go to < file, open, click other users folder> then select your user name and click ok.

hope it helps

doing mistake in not bad thing but repeating them is very dangerous

shahid

Page: [1]