• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Major Relay Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Major Relay Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Major Relay Problem - 5.Mar.2004 6:26:00 AM   
deddie2000

I really need help on this issue! I have a Exchange 2000 Server SP3. Under the relay button I clicked Only from the list below and checked the box Allow All computers ....

On the Authentication button, I clicked Anonymous Access, Basic Auth. and Integrated...

On the Connector I have the following:

Address Space, I list multiple domains
A.com
b.com
c.com
d.com
e.com
f.com
g.com
h.com

and I uncheck the box allow messages to be relayed to these domains.

I have added the domains to the active directory domains and trust. under the Alternative UPN Suffixes and in Exchange Message Delivery Properties I have listed them in Filters.

When I set things up this way I will receive mail for the first 2 or 3 domains but as soon as I add the 4th ALL mail is returned back to the sender with a 5.3.5 error.

I have also tried it with * and allw message to be relay to these domains is not checked. I get a 550 Relay error for all mail domains and they are sent back to the sender.

I have to delete the connector and reconfigure it with an * in the address to recieve mail and allw message to be relay to these domains IS checked.

Does anyone know what I sould do?

PS I use external POP but have set up an additional Connector and Virtual Server for this purpose.

[ March 05, 2004, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: D A Smith ]
Post #: 1
RE: Major Relay Problem - 5.Mar.2004 8:11:00 AM   
deddie2000

Okay I did exactly what was spelled out in http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html and I still get a 550 Relay Error for those domains on my Exchange Server. What next?

I had this working at one point but because of an system failure I had to reinstall everything. Once we got it installed it would not work. I had this as an independent AD forest and now it is a child forest of the main forest. Ie was xxxxmail and now just mail off of xxxx.

(in reply to deddie2000)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Major Relay Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter