• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail from users going directly to filtered mail (not to inbox).

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Mail from users going directly to filtered mail (not to inbox). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail from users going directly to filtered mail (not to... - 12.Jul.2004 4:42:00 PM   
Winfax

When the users of my exchange server sends mail to particular domain, the mails goes directly to the Filtered mail(not to the inbox).

And when I saw the brief headers of the mail which is in the Filtered mail, they are saying an error that

"The server sending your mail [ip-address] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection rejected. Please contact your Dial-up/DSL/Network ISP Provider"

What could be the problem?

I think we have to enter the PTR record in the Reverse Lookup zone in DNS.

Is it right?
Post #: 1
RE: Mail from users going directly to filtered mail (no... - 13.Jul.2004 4:16:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

You are right.

You need to contact the company hosting your DNS and ask them to add a PTR record for your exchange server (that is unless you host your own external DNS entries in which case you need to add this record yourself)

(in reply to Winfax)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Mail from users going directly to filtered mail (not to inbox). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter