• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Newly created user cannot login to exchange..help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Newly created user cannot login to exchange..help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newly created user cannot login to exchange..help - 13.Jul.2004 2:20:00 PM   
arief_lim

Our Exchange server just crash it's harddisk, unfortunately we don't have any backup...
Anyway i have already fresh install the w2k and exchange2000, but before that, i didn't remove the computer account from the list of domain controller.
I installed the exchange into the old OU, but I can't create the email address and the administration tab of exchange some of them are grayed out (i cannot set the delivery restricion per user), because it was already there in the AD. I can only delete the email address, so I decided to delete all the email address and then create it again.
But the information store can't be mounted, and the MTA is down..can't start it again..
Then I remove the exchange completely from the server and from AD, then installed again into another OU..
At first it seems OK, but then strange thing happen..
The information store sometimes can be mounted and run fine, the MTA too, but sometimes they're all went down..after a few restart they manage to up again..
but the most important thing is..now everytime I create new user, they got their email address stamp by RUS, and the permission is already right..when the new user tried to connect to their mailbox, a LOGIN SCREEN came up..I filled up with correct name, password, domain..still it won't connect..
All the old users can login into their mailbox though..

I've search everywhere from microsoft, but can't find any answer to that..

Could someone please help me out with this situation..thanks in advance

[ July 14, 2004, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Arief ]
Post #: 1
RE: Newly created user cannot login to exchange..help - 16.Jul.2004 2:41:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Reading into this I'd suggest you start again but do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273478 first.
Alternatively you can install the system using setup.exe with the /disasterrecovery switch which will just install the binaries onto the new system. Not removing the comupter account was a good thing if you go down this route.
When you have done that install you will need to mount the stores since the system is expecting you to do a restore, which you don't have. You will be prompted to accept that you're starting a store with empty databases.

Important to note is that if you're using Outlook with OST files you can work offline and then export all mail to a pst file, either by drag and drop or using the File >Export to backup the mail at the client end. Obviously, not OST file, no backup.

(in reply to arief_lim)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Newly created user cannot login to exchange..help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter