• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

tons of postmaster message to bbbb@ip in smtp queues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> tons of postmaster message to bbbb@ip in smtp queues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tons of postmaster message to bbbb@ip in smtp queues - 26.Aug.2004 10:21:00 AM   
ender

Hi every one
Small Business Server 2000 and exchange. Don't have a public IP address on servers nic. Router also dont have a routing to server for smtp. Incomming works with pop3 connecter of sbs. Outgoing works with exc. smtp.

There are lots of message (maybe 50.000) in SMTP queues. Sender is postmaster@[mydomain]. Recipient is bbbb@[wan ip of router] and good@[wan ip of router]. I can't clean it. I deleted all files in mailroot. But they are coming and coming again even when clients computers are not running.

Thanks,
Ender
Post #: 1
RE: tons of postmaster message to bbbb@ip in smtp queues - 28.Aug.2004 8:35:00 AM   
uccadmin

hi,
make sure u don't have an open relay.refer http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html.
after properly changing the relay setting delete all message in the queue and badmail folders.

(in reply to ender)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> tons of postmaster message to bbbb@ip in smtp queues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter