• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailbox Access logging

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Mailbox Access logging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailbox Access logging - 4.Mar.2005 10:22:00 PM   
fubuki99

Ehlo,

I'm running Exch 2000 on 2000 server and I've been told to find a way to limit admins from being able to connect to other people's mailboxes such as our CEO or other top dogs. Admins in general are unable to access anyone's mailboxes except their own and I've tested that to be true. However, I have accounts that run services such as Surfcontrol and Veritas backups that has to have full mailbox rights in order to perform their function. I myself as an admin is unable to access anyone's mailbox but if I were to logon with any of these services accounts I can gain full access. This is true on the mapi client as well as on the server and drilling down to the M: drive to their specific mailboxes. My question is since I can't limit these services from doing their job, is there a way I can log to see who is accessing who's mailbox illegally so I can perhaps send alerts or e-mail to the user that the service account is accessing their mailbox for backups or what not? Is there an app out there that performs what i"m looking for? Thanks in advance! "[Big
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Mailbox Access logging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter