• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA works for some, not for others

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA works for some, not for others Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA works for some, not for others - 4.Mar.2002 5:19:00 AM   
jhittleman

Running Exchange 5.5 OWA...

Remotely, some users have no problem logging in to OWA, others cannot logon at all. Service account admins can logon remotely to those accounts just fine.

All of the accounts that cannot be accessed remotely can be accessed internally.

I have checked each user's alias, display name, and simple display name and all looks fine.

I can create new mailboxes and logon on just fine remotely to them.

I do not understand what is wrong!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

JH
Post #: 1
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 4.Mar.2002 5:43:00 PM   
dayron

What browser ver. are the remote users using? Also I had problems hitting OWA remotly when I had cable modem. From what I recall some cable providers (charter for one) used some kind of proxy server and OWA didn't like that one bit. I could hit OWA from anybody's dial up or DSL account, but anybody I knew that had charter cable...it didn't work.

[ March 04, 2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Dayron ]

(in reply to jhittleman)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 4.Mar.2002 5:49:00 PM   
jhittleman

All remote users are using Explorer 5.5 or 6.0.

We are experiencing difficulties with unique DSL, dial up, and cable modem accounts.

I am doubtful that these remote connections are the source.

Any other thoughts?

(in reply to jhittleman)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 4.Mar.2002 6:02:00 PM   
I have the same problem.. Windows 2000 Server SP2(Domain Controller) and Exchange 5.5 SP4... I am able to use OWA as an Administrator, but not as a user.

When I add the user to the "Administrator" group in AD, the whole thing works but there HAS to be another way.

Please help!

Rob

(in reply to jhittleman)
  Post #: 4
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 4.Mar.2002 9:29:00 PM   
Ok, so now I tried the following:

- Adding Everyone to "Allow logon locally"
- AD User Management -> User properties -> Exchange Advanced -> Protocols -> HTTP Enabled

And still no luck. There are a lot of tutors available but really none of them work. I bet it just ain't possible for USERS to use OWA... A real shame those folks in Redmond didn't use their heads for once.

Rob

(in reply to jhittleman)
  Post #: 5
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 5.Mar.2002 9:17:00 PM   
dybajp

Rob, you said Exchange 5.5, so I am assuming these users have their mailbox on an Exchange 5.5 server. IF that is the case, I would check these user properties (such as HTTP enabled) using the (5.5) Microsoft Exchange Administrator, not Active Directory Users & Computers. Check the protocols tab on the user's 5.5 mailbox to insure http enabled.

Now, in theory, if you have the "Active Directory Connector" software setup and the Connection Agreements configured, you should be able to do this with Active Directory Users & Computers. However, you should at least verify those changes with Microsoft Exchange Administrator, in case the ADC did not propagate them correctly from Active Directory to Exchange 5.5. Good luck!

(in reply to jhittleman)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA works for some, not for others - 6.Mar.2002 1:17:00 PM   
Hello John,

The problem was in the IIS5 rights, only Admins were allowed to logon in IIS. Adding Domain Users solved the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Rob

(in reply to jhittleman)
  Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA works for some, not for others Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter