• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 15.May2002 8:25:00 PM   
Xuser

Hello. I have a test Win2000 network. The config is:

-- 1 Win2k Server as the Domain Controller, with DNS, DHCP, Exch2000 Server and IIS 5.0 running.
-- 1 Microsoft ISA Server in integrated mode (Firewall and web cache).

The problem seems to lie with users from the outside trying to access my OWA. Firewall Clients have problems logging into the above OWA. Internally, within the test network, it seems to be ok. No prb also when a SecureNAT client from an outside network accessing this OWA.
Does the problem like within this test network itself or with the outside network that wasn't configured properly to access this test network with OWA? Pls advise. TIA.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 15.May2002 9:31:00 PM   
Dennis h

I have a client with the same setup you have and it works like a charm. why do you have firewall clients outside your isa are they connecting trough vpn ?? what are the problems, no login at all or what
www.isaserver.org is a great side for isaserver problems

Dennis

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 15.May2002 9:51:00 PM   
Xuser

My test network is separate from my production network. This production network also has an ISA Server with PCs configured as Firewall clients. Whenever these Firewall clients try to access the test network through their IE 5 or 6, (no tunneling, just through cable modem), they will be prompted for the username, pw & Domain as usual. Each time they keyed in their credentials, OWA will slowly appeared, then the username and password screen will pop up again. But if a SecureNAT client try it, no problem.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 15.May2002 11:58:00 PM   
Dennis h

do your clients connect over the internet or on the intranet if it is on the intranet it could be your lat or ldt making problems
i will try to connect to one of my clients
tomorrow from a firewall client to their exchange behind a isa, then you will hear from me again

Dennis

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 16.May2002 6:36:00 PM   
Xuser

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis H:
do your clients connect over the internet or on the intranet if it is on the intranet it could be your lat or ldt making problems
i will try to connect to one of my clients
tomorrow from a firewall client to their exchange behind a isa, then you will hear from me again

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

It is over the Internet.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 5
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 16.May2002 7:03:00 PM   
Dennis h

did the test today and it worked perfect the way it should, is your fw clients web proxy clients also ?? or do you have the ask unauthenticated users for identification on incoming web request marked, it's a little strange that the firewall client should make this problem

Dennis

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 6
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 16.May2002 7:57:00 PM   
Xuser

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis H:
did the test today and it worked perfect the way it should, is your fw clients web proxy clients also ?? or do you have the ask unauthenticated users for identification on incoming web request marked, it's a little strange that the firewall client should make this problem

Dennis

Yes, Dennis. They are also Web Proxy clients. No, I do not have the "ask unauthenticated users for identifcation". As a matter of fact, right now, I'm getting Web Site Not found msg, even for my SecureNAT Client [Mad] , but a PC on it's own network can access OWA with no problem.

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 7
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 16.May2002 8:40:00 PM   
Dennis h

did you mark the, send the original host header to the publishing server instead of the actual one, if it is cleared it will not work if it is marked there most be a problem wiht your destination sets. or the secure mail server publishing rule, or the iis rights did you remember to select basic authentification on iis and incoming web requests

Dennis

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 8
RE: ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA - 16.May2002 9:55:00 PM   
Xuser

I don't know anymore. I'm going to reinstall IIS and see. [Frown]

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> ISA Firewall client cannot access OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter