• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strange Problem (maybe?) with OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Strange Problem (maybe?) with OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange Problem (maybe?) with OWA - 15.Jul.2002 2:57:00 PM   
dariley

I'm running Win2k Server with Exchange2000. The server is connected to the net through SprintDSL with a 1.5/256 connection and static IP. OWA works from inside the house and from a friends house down the street which is also SprintDSL. Both of our IP's are on the same Sprint subnet (only the fourth octet of the IP is different). But, when I try to connect from work I get three attempts to authenticate and then get Access is Denied. I know I have rights to connect remotely, since I can login from another location outside the Domain. But, any idea why I'd be able to login on the same DSL subnet but not from outside it? Thanks for any help. "[Confused]"

Dave.
Post #: 1
RE: Strange Problem (maybe?) with OWA - 26.Jul.2002 4:38:00 PM   
treganall

Hi Dariley,

The subnet should not have anything to do with connecting to OWA from any location. You said it lets you attempt to login from work, that tells me you are hitting that OWA machine. Does it ask you for a domain. Sometimes you need to enter the domain of the exchange machine in order to connect.

Hope this helps

Troy

(in reply to dariley)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Strange Problem (maybe?) with OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter