• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Web Access hacking

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook Web Access hacking Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Web Access hacking - 29.Apr.2003 8:01:00 PM   
JAGDCBS

(I am not a techie, as you'll clearly see from this message) How can I tell if someone not authorized to view emails is using Web Access to hack into my email account? I would ask my admin, but I think he may be the one doing it...
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Web Access hacking - 30.Apr.2003 1:21:00 AM   
indyjeep1974

Do you think it's malicious? The only reason I ask is because admins and people with admin rights most likely have access to your mailbox. For instance I work for a company that works with the medical field. Because of the new HIPAA law that went into effect on April 14, 2003 we monitor some of our employee mailboxes. Remember that company email is property of the company most of the time and not considered personal unless it's stated as such in your computer use policy. In other words the admin has all the right in the world to 'hack' into your email account if he sees fit. If you're worried about people viewing personal email use something free like hotmail or yahoo.

(in reply to JAGDCBS)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook Web Access hacking - 30.Apr.2003 1:50:00 PM   
cemtur

Do you think hotmail or yahoo are not monitoring your mails? I think those public mail servers are monitored by their administrators, even by government agents etc... Probably some yahoo/hotmail admins are following some messages just for fun in their spare times.

(in reply to JAGDCBS)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook Web Access hacking - 30.Apr.2003 8:10:00 PM   
Jesse

Well, unless you have access to the web logs there isn't really a way...

What you COULD do is, write a mail to yourself which says "Admin: Why are you reading my email?".

Then... observe his reaction next time you guys talk... if he seems nervous then he's probably guilty. [Wink]

At least this way, you are not directly confronting him - you are only putting a message in your inbox that, if he were not reading your mail, he would never be able to see anyway.

(in reply to JAGDCBS)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook Web Access hacking Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter