• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... - 22.Jun.2004 11:47:00 PM   
BlairKing

when one particular user tries to log out of OWA. It is OWA 5.5 installed on a Win2k Server, connecting to Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WinNT4 SP6a server. This one user can log into the mailbox and navigate normally, but as soon as he logs out it spikes the inetinfo.exe process to 100%. The user can't log in after that, he just receives the error "Failed to connect to MS Exch Svr, <servername>". Any thoughts? I've found a number of KBs that deal with the Failed to connect error but nothing that mentions the cpu spike...Has anyone else come across this?

thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... - 27.Jun.2004 4:03:00 PM   
Hi, I had the same problem just then; Exchange worked fine for a while but suddenly owa failed and crashed the server. I had a second domain configured in my default policy, as we are using different domains on this server. But the second domain isn't part of the ads. I am not a professional, but gettig rid of this domain in that policy helped to get it up and running again.

Good Luck!

(in reply to BlairKing)
  Post #: 2
RE: INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... - 30.Jun.2004 8:49:00 PM   
I have the same problem as Blair and our Exchange server is configured the same way Blair's is. We have had OWA up and running for the better part of 4 years and never had an issue until the last few months. It's got me thinking that Outlook 2003 has a part in this mess.

Reboot the server and all is well for a period of time.
rbarbera@tycoint.com

(in reply to BlairKing)
  Post #: 3
RE: INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... - 19.Jul.2004 9:04:00 PM   
Very similar problem.
Exchange 5.5 w/sp4.
The inetinfo.exe process spikes to 100%. No users can log in after that, the screen is just white for about 2 minutes until it times out. Usually killing inetinfo brings it back.

However, we had the problem with NT4, rebuilt the server (new build, not upgrade) using WIndows 2000, and we still have the smae problem!

About 3 yrs its been like this. No solution yet.

(in reply to BlairKing)
  Post #: 4
RE: INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... - 19.Jul.2004 9:58:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Is the user by any chance also using outlook 2003??

There are known issues (and also fixes) for problems when users use outlook 2003 and OWA on an exchange 5.5 server.

This is one of them:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818709&Product=ech

(in reply to BlairKing)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> INETINFO.exe jumps to 100% CPU... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter