• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Question Mark in emails??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Question Mark in emails?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question Mark in emails?? - 21.Jan.2005 3:20:00 AM   
Running OWA, with some certain users, it appends a "?" to the first line of every email they send.

What could be causing this and how could it be stopped?

Regards,

Steven
  Post #: 1
RE: Question Mark in emails?? - 3.Mar.2005 3:17:00 AM   
brikrogers

I found the cause to this one and the solution. On the client computer that is using IE, the cause is another application that has been installed has downreved dhtmled.ocx and triedit.dll.

The install program probably just looked in the Windows\System32 directory, did not see the files, so it installed them and registered them.

The ones you need to use are located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit. Open a command prompt, change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit and then use regsvr32 to re-register the correct versions of dhtmled.ocx and triedit.dll. You can then go delete the old versions that are probably located in your windows\system32.

This will get rid of the ?

BK

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Question Mark in emails?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter