• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... Indefinitly

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... Indefinitly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... ... - 2.Jun.2005 8:21:00 AM   
rbowman

I looked at knowledge Base and this is all it gave me http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330220 I did install the patch but it did not do anything to correct this problem. Any Ideas?

[ June 02, 2005, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: rbowman ]
Post #: 1
RE: When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... - 7.Jun.2005 10:42:00 AM   
rbowman

My classmates and I managed to figure this one out and the problem was our web browser and the firewall. We were using Internet Explorer and could not get into the inbox but when we used a different browser such as FireFox the inbox loaded.

We found out that IE uses Active X to get into the inbox and since our Network Admin blocked the port that Active X runs on with the firewall it would not let IE access the inbox.

(in reply to rbowman)
Post #: 2
RE: When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... - 8.Jul.2005 4:29:00 PM   
stranded

No, that is not it at all. Yes, the "premium" option does require Active X to work but the reason that it would load in firefox is because it only allows the "basic" option to be selected, in fact it doesn't give you a choice at all. If you do use IE and select Basic you will get in, just like in firefox.

The problem with the premium option is something deeper than that and I am trying to resolve it as well. I have been all over the net looking for the fix, but no luck! I have tried everything in the few Microsoft articles on it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555235

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280823

Nothing in these two helped

(in reply to rbowman)
Post #: 3
RE: When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... - 12.Jul.2005 12:41:00 PM   
jpwade1

I want to thank Chip for putting me in the right direction. I always find that if I do not get the answer I am looking for specifically there is always someone who gives me a new angle to look from.

I had the same issue, that Firefox worked but IE gave me a loading message. I must point out that Firefox may have worked but the graphics were all messed up.
So, the following is how I got it to work...somewhere in here is the answer.
BackGround - I had Exchange 2003 and the web server on the same box and everything has been working dandy. I purchased a new web server and put it out on the DMZ. I installed Exchange Server 2003 and flagged it as a Front End server. My backend server is Win2000 with Exchange 2003 and my front end is Win2003 standard server.

Solution(s)
N.B. I made no changes to the backend server.
1) On the front end server I hadn't loaded win2003 Server Service Pack 1
2) On the front end server I hadn't loaded Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1
3) On the front end Server I added "Authenticated Users" to Security of the Programs/Exchsrvr folder. (Upon adding it, it automatically adds the default permissions)

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

[ July 12, 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Ace Ventura ]

(in reply to rbowman)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> When accesing the inbox OWA just displays a Loading... Indefinitly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter