• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

moving one and one domain to 365

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> moving one and one domain to 365 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
moving one and one domain to 365 - 24.Mar.2015 1:10:40 AM   
thondal

I am facing an issue here. Hope somebody may have some tips.

our envoirment is 1 ad server and 1 exchange server. Due to merging with a couple of other companies a few years ago we now have 4 domains we use in our exchange server. We are now going to Office 365 with all our domains, but the big bosses has said that we can only move 1 and 1 domain. So we have to first move domain1 to 365 and then the 3 remaining stay onprem for the next month, then the next then the next etc.

We will be using DirSync as we have used this tool previously in lab envoirments, but what we are experiencing now is that if we move 1 domain to 365 it is still active in our onprem, so the other domains still continue to send inwards on the exchange server, but if we remove it as an accepted domain from exchange, would that not remove all the aliases from the user attributes as well and then in the next dirsync sync all the removal of aliases to the 365 tenant?
How can we remove 1 domain from exchange server so that the onprem exchange(remaining domains) no longer sends to it, and the user proxy adresses does not get affected?

Help and tips would be appreciated. In advanced thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: moving one and one domain to 365 - 24.Mar.2015 3:53:50 AM   
thondal

sorry, wrong forum, this one should be in the exchange 2010 one. i'm creating one there, admin can just delete this one.

(in reply to thondal)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> moving one and one domain to 365 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter