• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

multidomain owa access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> multidomain owa access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 4:22:00 PM   
altoscano

Hey everyone, I would like to access OWA to any of our domains, is this possible.It works fine to our main domain, but how do we access the other domains from OWA. Email is setup on all our domains and we receive to all internally and externally. I appreciate any feedback "[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 7:16:00 PM   
Richard Fleming

When it asks for authentication, should it not work by using DOMAIN_A\Username and DOMAIN_B\Username?

Rich

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 2
RE: multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 8:31:00 PM   
altoscano

You would think it would, but it says access denied. I have granted access in
Exchanged advance
Mailbox rights
then added each domain A account to domain B account. This works well to setup outlook internally, so we are able to get to all domains email on individual basis. What is the format to use as address for OWA. We are using smtp.companyname.com/exchange It then prompts for username and password. I enter the username password and domain. It only works with main logon account.

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 3
RE: multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 10:24:00 PM   
koggen

Are you by any chance hosting multiple email domains and assign each user only email addresses with their respective domain name? If you host e.g. domainA.com and domainB.com where domainA is the default recipient policy, then users with *only* domainB addresses will not be able to use OWA! To allow them access to OWA you can either create a new OWA site with the ESM snap-in hosting mailboxes for domainB, or, assign a single domainA address for those users (e.g. loginname@domainA.com).

// Johan

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 4
RE: multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 11:10:00 PM   
altoscano

Hello Johan, I have the ESM snap-in installed and cannot find any option that has OWA listed.
Can you tell me how to create this OWA site or send me a link on how to do it.All i have is default smtp virtual server. Is this why we are not able to get into anything but our main domain.It does give me the option to create new one but does not like me using the same address as default. Can we create a vitual for each additional domain and use the same address as default.What other steps would we have to do?

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 5
RE: multidomain owa access - 30.May2003 11:11:00 PM   
altoscano

Hello Johan, I have the ESM snap-in installed and cannot find any option that has OWA listed.
Can you tell me how to create this OWA site or send me a link on how to do it.All i have is default smtp virtual server. Is this why we are not able to get into anything but our main domain.It does give me the option to create new one but does not like me using the same address as default. Can we create a vitual for each additional domain and use the same address as default.What other steps would we have to do?

[ May 30, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: altoscano ]

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 6
RE: multidomain owa access - 31.May2003 5:19:00 PM   
koggen

You don't need to create multiple SMTP virtual servers. If your existing setup enables you to receive email to several domains, than that's fine! Leave it there.

Creating a new OWA site is done in the ESM under Servers->Your server->Protocols->HTTP. Right-click and choose New HTTP Virtual Server. The rest should be easy to grasp. But before you do that, just check to see if it really is the case I described. Take any user account with which you can't access OWA and just add any email address with the default domain name. Give the server time to replicate any needed changes and then try to access OWA with that account. If it works then creating separate OWA sites for each domain will work, or just add any default domain address for the users affected (easily done by updating the recipient policy).

Good luck!

// Johan

(in reply to altoscano)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> multidomain owa access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter