• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

need to delete public folder calendar item but unable

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> need to delete public folder calendar item but unable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 12:05:01 PM   
dougsymes

We want to remove a public folder calendar item but are unable because the user who created it is no longer in Active Directory.  How can we remove it?
Post #: 1
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 1:47:04 PM   
josh

PFDAVAdmin tool would be useful in this case
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=635be792-d8ad-49e3-ada4-e2422c0ab424&displaylang=en

You can run it from any client machine

(in reply to dougsymes)
Post #: 2
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 2:44:49 PM   
dougsymes

I downloaded the tool and I'm connected to the Public Folder and I located the Item but I am not sure how to fix it.  What can I do to change the "owner" of the item or delete the item?

(in reply to josh)
Post #: 3
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 3:33:24 PM   
josh

You can right click on the PF and click on Folder Permissions. You can Add any user there give the owner permissions to that user from which you will be deleting the contents from that folder

(in reply to dougsymes)
Post #: 4
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 3:34:44 PM   
josh

Click on Commit Changes after adding the user and giving him the "Owner" permission

(in reply to josh)
Post #: 5
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 7.Oct.2008 4:04:10 PM   
dougsymes

I'm already an owner on the PF and I'm unable to delete the calendar item in the PF.  Items are setup to be deleted only by the owner who created it and I don't want to become the owner of all items in this PF.  What can I do?

(in reply to josh)
Post #: 6
RE: need to delete public folder calendar item but unable - 26.Aug.2009 7:35:13 AM   
trysaj

thanks JOSH
that solved my problem...

if it doesn't work once you have made the changes run gpupdate/force on the server and also run gpupdate/force on your machine as well that should work.

cheers

(in reply to dougsymes)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> need to delete public folder calendar item but unable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter