• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

new Exchange 2003 Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> new Exchange 2003 Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new Exchange 2003 Server - 18.Jun.2004 12:45:00 AM   
xfirenz

We are moving over to a new exchange server 2003, we won't be shifing any of the data across because all the users have backed up pst files and will import them in at a later process.

We have had the new server 2003 working with our old server 2000 for over the last few weeks and both communcate with each otehr ok and no issues.

My plan and correct me if I am wrong is to remove our old 5.5 exchange server and setup the new 2003 server to use exchange 2003 in the domain.

My question is will installing a fresh copy of exchange 2003 pickup from the active directory all the old mailboxe information or will I have to go though the process of manually adding each mailbox to the new exchange server. Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> new Exchange 2003 Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter