• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

offloading the antiques...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> offloading the antiques... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
offloading the antiques... - 26.Aug.2003 3:40:00 PM   
i have users that, due to the fact that their customers are long-term, keep YEARS of email and attachments on my 2000 server- gigabytes in several cases. in days gone by, you could push this data down to the users machine and store it there, thus streamlining the mass of storage on the server. i cannot find how to do this with the new, storage side exchange 2000. can someone help?
  Post #: 1
RE: offloading the antiques... - 30.Aug.2003 5:12:00 AM   
sniper

Kim,

Create a PST or Outlook data file and have all mail deliverd there but beware the PST limit is 2gig (but beaware over 1.75 gig). Now with exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 its 16 gig that will solve those users. I sure hope they are backing up there local drives [Smile]

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: offloading the antiques... - 7.Sep.2003 6:47:00 AM   
abraham

Hi. I think that the best way is use Exmerge.exe, then create a Filter to Delete the old messages(you have an schedule) easy!.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> offloading the antiques... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter